Any side effect of loette when planning for pregnancy?

hi,im planing for a baby,i was taking Loette tab from 2 years for family planning.....Doctor told that if v wanna make baby we should stop this before 6 months.....i m not taking this from past 4 months,my question is is there any side effect in this tab any i ll become pregnant with in two to three months right....i started to take folic acid does it help me to conceive faster
Tue, 24 Mar 2015
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi, I have gone through your question. Loette is oral contraceptive pills and they are advised to 3-4 months before planning conception so that subsequent ovulation is regular and predictable.
The oral contraceptives have no long term effects on the body after discontinuing them, and hence no effect on the pregnancy or fetus.
Folic acid is recommended while planning pregnancy pregnancy and in early pregnancy, as it is known to decrease the incidence of congenital anomalies.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma