Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Anxious to conceive, PCOD, undergone laproscopic surgery, ovarian drilling. Can I conceive naturally, or injections required?

Hi this Pooja from India. Age 28 anxious to conceive but suffering from PCOD recently undergone laproscopic surgery and ovarian drilling. My question to you is for anovulatory cycles, if I stop taking birth control pills will I ovulate naturally and can conceive or I should go for injections to enhance egg growth and IUI treatment.pls help
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Pooja, with PCOS and the hormonal imbalance it is less likely that you could ovulate naturally.
For infertility treatment,protocol is to start with tablets for ovulation and if you don't respond to them then switch over to injection for ovulation n then IUI so I would advice you to go in a step wise manner and not directly jump to iui or injections consult your doctor and seek advice.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor