Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Anxiety, panic disorder, numbness on left side of body, stroke like symptoms. Cure?

Suffer from anxiety panic disorder almost 9 years now I have felt paralyzed unable to move chronic neck pain feelings of stroke lefr face and left side of body numb I ve had ro pull over on he side of e road while driving for the fear of something happening while my kidsare in the car its very emotionally damaging I ve been thru dozens of meds and lorazapam for 8 yrs
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
its very unfortunate that you have been suffering from such excessive anxiety symptoms since last 8 years. It would have been very good if you could have also included the names of the drugs that you have taken in the query. In absence of your previous medication history, it would be difficult for us to comment on the adequacy and appropriateness of your treatment. There are plenty of different drugs available for anxiety and different people respond to different types of drugs. The key to the anxiety treatment is being in regular consultation with your psychiatrist who can change the dosage and medication frequently so that you get the relief. Lorazepam is a shorter acting benzodiazepine and hence clonazepam is preferable over it. Also please consider Cognitive Behavioural Therapy along with the meds. Dont forget to exercise regularly and eat healthy.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. You need a professional psychiatric evaluation for the nature and severity of anxiety symptoms, review of your treatment history and your response to medication. Following this you can be started on long-acting sedatives like clonazepam and SSRI's for long term benefits. In addition, psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy) might be useful in your case.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor