Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Anxiety, insecure regarding loved ones, gets negative thoughts about them and panics. Remedy?

hi doctor, i have one query for one of my friend. he is very good person but he has anxiety problem. he feels his loved ones are cheating him and imagines wrong about them and feels they are hiding things with him. this leads to fight between the two persons and he screams on roads, he hurts himself by hitting on his head and go panic when there is no reason to fight. pls suggest. regards Shweta
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
hello shweta

welcome to healthcare magic

your friend has probably "delusional disorder" as per your this a person gets suspicious of people believing that they are against him/cheating him..........

But you don't get worried because these conditions are treatable ...........the main thing is approaching right diagnosis/treatment at a right time so that he may not hurt himself or others

I advise you to consult a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment and i am sure he will be alright after treatment

Good Luck


Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

I appreciate your concern for your friend. From the brief histroy you have given, it seems poosible that your friend could be suffering from a psychotic disorder. However, to be sure, he needs a detailed psychological assessment. So, please take him to a psychiatrist for an evaluation and further management.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. P. T. Patil's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Your friend has a a suspicious nature and has a negative thinking about loved ones.He definitely has a what is called as paranoid psychosis and he needs to consult a Psychiatrist.Do not neglect it as a simple anxiety.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor