Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Anxiety attacks, tingling in right side, warm sensation. Tried tai chi, meditation, yoga. Treatment?

hello, i have been having anxiety attack and have been pre occupied with symptoms on my right side, tingling , warm, strange feeling, ??? I am going over seas next month with my kids and am afraid i will loose it and not be able to get help, or that my worst fears are true and i am having symptoms that im ignoring due to writing them off as anxiety?? This is taking over my life, i am doing affirmations, tai chi, meditation , yoga , and have just started seeing a psychologist. I used to be a strong and fiercely independant person. please help, i dont want to be a paranoid hypercondriac
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Anxiety disorders can manifest with not only psychological symptoms but with a variety of physical symptoms also. Tingling, numbness, hot and cold sensations, etc. are common physical symptoms of anxiety.

You have not clearly mentioned which physical symptoms are bothering you and specifically what your "worst fears" are about. Anyway, it is good that you are seeking professional help from a psychologist. Do continue to engage in therapy and put in motivated efforts. If your anxiety is severe, then you may also additionally require anti-anxiety medication to reduce the level of distress and suffering. Pleas discuss about this with your doctor.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. It appears that you are suffering from an anxity disorder like panic disorder. Meditation practices you are engaged are found to be beneficial in this disorder. However in addition you would also require specific anti anxiety medicafion and psychthdrapy for the same. Hence I would adviser you to undergo a thorouvh psychiatric evaluation. Hope ylu find the infirmatjon useful.
Dr sundar
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sivaraman's  Response
Hai atmsheridan,

Anxiety attack, fear of some danger going to happen, significant dysfunction.

Is this Anxiety is Continuous or episodic ?

If episodic how long it lasts ?

Does it have a Crescendo Decrescendo pattern ?

How frequent that attacks are ?

What happens in between the attacks ?

Panic attack can be due to variety of medical conditions.

You may need to get your ECG ,Thyroid function tests, Complete blood count , blood sugar tests done .

If all found to be normal and there were no medical conditions could be found out during examinations then with available information you have probably Panic Disorder.

Do get panic if found to have Panic disorder !

Because it is almost a quite treatable condition . your Psychiatrist may advise you a SSRI drug and give appropriate Psychotherapy . you will be all well in few weeks.

My Best wishes !

Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor