Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Anus itching, no muscle tone, blood clot. Surgery?

I have terrible anus itching leakage from not having any muscle tone constant itching during the nite especially. The doctor wants me to get a colonectomy is there any surgery to tighten this? I have had heavy bleeding clots looks like liver . Sometimes I wonder if I have a habit itching this area. Please let me know if there is any other surgery. Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query

Itching in perianal region is common in patients who are under stress

But in your case as you have leakage [Incontinence] the itching is due to irritant fecal fluid or mucus

You can use adult diapers and a rash free ointment to avoid direct contact of the leak to the skin

Surgery is available in many forms depending uon the cause of incontinence

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor