Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Ants around my childs urine

Hi, Whenever my child passes urine( unattened) I see ants form around her urine.Is this a sign of diabetes? she is just 15 months old.I am so worried. plz clarify on this.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  2482
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome to HCM.Get your Child's urine and blood investigated.It may or may not be diabetes.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to Hcm.
It could be but could be because of other inborn error of metabolism like,fructosuria
galactosuria, lactosuria etc. Where other sugars like fructose, lactose, galactose are
present in urine. But at present without botheribng much you may get done urine
for sugar test and its very easy. If positive should think of juvenile Diabetes. Donot
come to conclusion on your own better consult your Doctor. Thanks
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor