Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Antibiotic taken for suspected Gonohorrea or Chlamydia without testing. Which test to be conducted and when?

i suspect that i may have Gonohorrea or Chlamydia , with my previos sex exposure ...... oral sex i am a Male ....Doctor didn t done any test he gave my Cefixime 200 Mg twice daily for 5 days ....i completed my Antibiotic yesterday and now i want to test do i have chlamydia or Gonohorrea can i do it now and which test i need to do
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Dear Dinesh.

Apologies, but firstly your history is woefully inadequate.

When was the sexual exposure? only oral sex? recepient or deliverer? Did you have any oral ulcerations? What were the symptoms? How much after the stated exposure did you develop these?
Why do you suspect chlamydia or gonorrhea?

Now, having being treated, am afraid, the tests may not be accurate.
Am assuming you are currently asymptomatic.
Wait for a week or two. If symptoms recur, then go visit your nearest dermatologist/venereologist for a clinical examination & relevant blood tests or test of the discharge if any.

Trust this answers' your queries. Do get back with replies for best results or use our premium 'ask-a-specialist' feature & get in touch with me directly.

In the meantime, wish you good health & please do practice safe sex irrespective of type or partner/partners'
Best Regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India.
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor