Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Anorexic, obsessive control over diet, treatment

Hi am i becoming anorexic?i think i may have borederline anorexic but dont exactly know the meaning of it? as i dont think im quite anorexic as i do eat but not alot and no way do i consume the right amount of calories. im 5 ft 6 and weigh about 111 to 112 pounds. i weigh myself constantly and im so obsessed and so controlling over food.this has been going on for a year now. i know its not normal but i dont think i have tht big a problem. i used to weigh 9 stone .i just remember what i used to be like and really dont understand how my way of thinking has just completely changed and just really cant help it , its just like a way of life now. i think if i eat people can see ive gaained a few pounds and when i feel full i feel heavily obese everyone thinks i look too thin but i really dont think i do. and ill only go on a night out if i think i look skinny and i need to not eat for a few days before a night out as i know ill be showing of more of my figure. its ridiculous. but i love the feeling of stepping on the scales and seeing ive lost more weight .
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi Kayleigh, Welcome to HCM.

Anorexia Nervosa is more of a mental and physical problem. Its in the thoughts rather than the diet. Its very important to have a regular pattern in ur eating habits. You should understand it is important to be healthy rather than thin. You do seem fine enough for your hieght. Just start consuming a regular mean pattern adn keeep saying to you taht you should not be thinking that way. Slowly the thought will take over you and you will end up not being able to have control over that thought. So whenever you start thinking about your diet, try to divert the thought by listening to some music, talkin to a frien on a different topic, read a book or anything that can keep you away from your thought. Once your thought process is changed, you will ensure you are eating right and enjoying the foods that you eat. You can contact a psychiatrist to deal with your thoughts.

Good luck
Answered: Thu, 24 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sivaraman's  Response
HAI kayleighhunter ,

Its good that you have clear insight about your health status. Keep monitoring on weight is GOOD but it should not be that much affecting your health. Kindly understand that if this continues you loose more weight that will lead to problem in menstural period, malnutrition related infection , and so on. so you need a dietiecian advice first of all to alter your food habits to achieve the desired weight. then if you feel difficulty in following the schedule as you said obssesed , you may require to meet a psychiatrist. after examining you he may staart on SSRI drugs along with behavioural therapy. I wish you a healthy life
Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor