Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Ankylosing spondilitis,therapy replace surgery?

i ant to know is the biololgical therapy will replace surgury of ankylosing spondilitis ?? the patient has this disease from 8 years old and he started the biological therapy from about 6 monthes ago and his doctor said that he must do the surgury after the biololgical therapy . i want to what is the benefits of this treatment and can he live normal 100% after surgury ? normal mean sit down like others and walk normal??
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
important to know dat surgery is indicated in cases of spinal instability,unremitting severe pain,neurological deficit,unable to carry out daily activities,unable to hold head and see horizon...........OSTEOTOMY is prefered................even hip joint replacement can b carried out.............100% normality not sure though
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor