Ankles swollen after using Xarelto and currently being on Hydroclorothiazide

Good afternoon I was told back in Aug 2013 that I have Factor 5 Leiden thrombophilia. The doctor put me on Xarelto for 6 months now and has taken me off and to start using aspirin again. The doctor states that they do not like to keep on medication no longer then 6 months. But I m still on Hydrochlothiazide 25 mg every other day and my ankles are still swollen. I asked the doctor how will I know if I get the blood clots again and his response was I will know. Should I find a hematology & oncology? This scares me!
Tue, 23 Apr 2019