Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Ankle injury, swollen, bruised. What is wrong?

hi i hurt my ankle a few weeks ago playing netball. i went to a and e and they said it was torn ligaments. the pain had gone. Today i slipped while running and have hurt the top of the same foot . it seems swollen and bruised. i dont want to go back to a and e again. can you give me an idea with whats wrong with it please?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.
My advice would be take rest, Ice fomentation, keep limb elevated and put a compression bandage (crepe bandage) along with ibuprofen and trysin to reduce pain and swelling.
If the swelling and pain persists you may require an x ray to rule out the fracture especially hair line fracture.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Dr.mukesh chugh (
Orthopaedic surgeon
Answered: Sat, 5 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor