Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Ankle injury, swelling, bruises, hard lump above ankle, pain on pressing. Treatment?

I got hit in the ankle with a baseball two weeks ago. The ankle swelled up and bruised pretty bad. The bruising and swelling seem to be gone but there remains a hard lump right above the ankle and it looks like a second ankle. What could this be? It isn t swelling as nothing will bring the size of it down. If you press on it, it does not feel good at all.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1374
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
As you got hit to ankle,there might have been a sprain of ankel ligaments and swelling. When we dont take pain killers,put bandage and immobilise the joint,the joint gets repeatedly injured. If you have difficulty standing,moving the ankle causes severe pain,you should immedietly visit the hospita.
All the best
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor