Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Angiography showed single vessel, coronary heart disease. What treatment is advisable?

I am 74 Years, male. After Anginography, I got the following diagnosis: (a) Left/Main: Normal (b) LAD/Diagonal : Normal with Minor Plaque (c) LCX/OM: Non-dominant, Severe Disease after OM Branch (d) RCA: Dominant-Mid 50-60% eccentric disease Final Disease: Single Vessel, Coronary Artery Disease . How Serious is my Heart Condition? What are the available Treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence. You have not mentioned what problem led you get angiography done. If angiography is correctly reported, best course for you would be medical therapy which your doctor will prescribe containing blood thinners including anti platelet drugs, ace inhibitors or receptor blockers if you have hypertension, coronary vasodilators, and hylipodemic agents depending on your lipid profile, b blockers if there is no contraindication and advise regarding diet & exercise. The issue of single vessel angioplasty for less than 70% occlusion is open and for you and the doctor to decide. Co Morbid conditions ought to be looked for. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
Answered: Sat, 28 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor