Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Anger, frustration, drugs issue. What can help?

My niece has Dandy Walker. She has a shunt that is working properly. She is going through a lot right now. Her father has full custody due to mother having a drug problem. Mother is not consistent with seeing child. She has started to act out with anger toward her father and those of us that are with her all the time. We have her in counseling but i was wondering if this could be part of the Dandy Walker. She is 8 and this has just started since her Mother had a new baby that she keeps. Her neurosurgeon just saw her and said everything with the shunt is fine
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

It is most probably due to the Dandy Walker syndrome as kids usually present with behavioral difficulties when they grow up and it could be a difficult issue to handle. However, someone who is not on substances would be the best person to handle such problems. I think the child needs to be taken care of by a person who is not on drugs. I hope this helps. If you are concerned enough for the child, I would think that you should report this issue to social services or have her mother go through rehab and go off of substances. Just my two cents.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The behaviour disturbance could be a part of the picture...
If the problem is recent / if the shunt is OK - Dandy walker is not likely to be the immediate cause / Psychological assessment and assistance may be useful.
Some basic blood tests are also in order...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor