Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Anger and frustration with depression. Have low heart rate. Been on alcohol. What next?

i feel tired all the time i get angry or depressed sometimes which I manage by thinking angry thoughts and smoking smoking cigerets make me feel nothing like i have no emotions so i don t care if i huts someone or if they hurt me i sometimes think people are hiding things from me my heart rate is low but my head is always too hot i almost fall asleep if im in a hot room. i have drunk alot but it didnt use to effect me but now if i drink too much i wake up the next day remembering nothing
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand that you have been having problems with depression and being frustrated with it. Maladaptive mechanisms to deal with one's depression would involve diverting yourself by using substances that just reinforce the addiction cycle and make your psychiatric condition i.e. depression worse. Alcohol is also a depressant and could make depression worse by itself. You also have been having blackouts which indicates that your body is physiologically and physically dependent on alcohol. You need deaddiction treatment and I think that you may need to see a psychiatrist and a substance abuse counselor to help you get over your depression and alcohol/nicotine dependence. I hope you seek help as soon as you can.

Take care and have a nice day!
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

According to the details given by you, you probably have "dual diagnosis"..... depressive disorder with alcoholism. Secondly, you might have some obsessive or psychotic phenomenon that people are hiding things from you. I advise you to meet a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation, treatment (antidepressants/antipsychotics/psychotherapy) and detoxification procedures.

Hope it helps
Good luck and leave a review if possible
Dr. Gourav Monga
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be in a lot of distress and appear to be having difficulty in coping up with difficulties. However, alcohol or smoking may not be the answers to your problems. Even though you say that they make you emotionally numb, they will definitely cause harmful consequences - both physical and mental.

I would suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for help with your depression, anger issues as well as your substance abuse problems. There are effective treatment options available - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help him overcome your problems.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor