Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Anckle hurting when starting to walk



My anckle is hurting everytime I start to walk. It feels like it does not have the strenght to hold the step, but it goes away while walking.  What could it possible be? the muscle weakness or  bone loss or what?

I have never had any problems like fractures or anything.

thanks for your help.

Asked On : Thu, 8 Apr 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  446
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM...,
Hurting of Ankle during walking.....more favour to...
1) First ruled out...Diabetes......ankle pain is common...,
2) Sprain at ankle joint...,
3) Arthritis ...osteoarthritis.....common in old age persons...,
4) Illfitted shoes also give the problem...,
hence try to diagnose the cause and treat the cause...o.k
good luck...,
Answered: Fri, 18 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Where is actually the pain.If it is in the heels i feel it is due to a calcaneal spur,which is caused due to degeneration of the bone in the heel region making it a thorny appearance. Also it can be due to some inflammation of the fascia there. How old are you.Just have an xray of the heel to get an idea about the cause of pain.
I will give a small remedy.Immerse your feet in a bucket with warm water for 5 minute then take it and dip it in water at room temperature.Repeat this procedure for atleast half hour twice a day.The pain will be reduced considerably.
Answered: Fri, 18 Nov 2011
  Anonymous's Response

This could be due to Joint disease. Arthritis usually presents this way. Kindly visit an Orthopedician.

Answered: Thu, 15 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.You have not mentioned your age and duration of your pain.Get yourself investigated by getting x-ray ankle done along with blood sugar,uric acid,calcium,phosphorus,alkaline phosphatase,thyroid function tests and urine routine.Once investigated,it will be easy to diagnose and treat.Consult an orthopedician.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Fri, 18 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor