Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

An inch long scar with lump on forehead

hi there my name is jemma my little girl in around 28 weeks old we are just back from the hosp she has a lump on her head above her right eye and its bigger then her eye no one knows what it is but there going to scan it agen just befor they cut it out he said its like a bollon and it needs to come out as one/hole so the scar is going to be big. will we always see it ans how long will it take to heal. the scar will be around an inch long
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear mam
your daughter most likely had dermoid cyst which had been excised.
There is nothing to worry as it is a benign disease with almost nil chances of recurrence. About the scar, it will gradually fade as the child grows and may be almost invisible as the age advances. you can also use ointments which prevent scar formation.
Answered: Wed, 9 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor