Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Am stressed out. Don't want to leave house or meet people. Treatment?

I have been super stressed out lately. I haven t had the epitome of a good life and my thoughts are getting to the point that I don t want to leave the house or meet new people. I am always thinking something is wrong with me and that I have a slight disadvantage because I was in a bad car accident as a child. I always think that people are looking at me because they are thinking poorly of me. I can t apply for a job, I can barely get off of the couch. I need help.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello Banana
Welcome to HCM
Stressed out, thoughts of not leaving out of home, thinking always something wrong and having think that people of looking at me and are thinking bad and poor about you are most likely the symptoms of anxiety disorder spectrum.
-Usually in Obsessive Spectrum disorder individual may have obsession of doubt and that people are thinking wrong about you, in order to get avoid this you are compelled to avoid getting out of home.
-Other possibility may be Social Phobia or Generalized Anxiety, it may have origins to the bad trauma you suffered as a child.
but fortunately treatment is available and is successful.
SSRI medicines as Fluoxetine, Paroxetine etc. are the drugs which will cover not only anxiety part but also depressed mood. Short term medicines as Benzodiazepine drugs like Clonazepam will help to attain symptomatic treatment.
Other management like relaxation techniques or deep breathing exercises are also helpful.
Best to visit a psychiatrist and take expert opinion.
Thanks Take care
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The symptoms that you have described appear to be indicative of depression. Since this seems to be causing you immense distress and dysfunction, you need professional help to come out of this phase.

There are effective treatment options for this, in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems. So, I would advise you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. Also keep talking and sharing about your feelings to someone close, a friend or a relative, so that you will feel less burdened and more supported.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to Hcm,
It seems that you are having Depression with paranoid personalty.
It is advisable to consult to Psychiatrist as soon as possible for diagnosis and treatment.
Once it becomes chronic problem it is difficult to cure and medicines will be continued for long time.
With the treatment and psychologist counseling you will be alright.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor