Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Am spotting, had abnormal PAP smear, had tube clips removed due to tubal pregnancy. What to think?

Hi, I had my tubes clipped then removed due to a tubal preg. I had to return 6 weeks to the day of surgery from tubal because my cyst had grown larger then normal and put 5 lbs of fluid in my ab. At that time my doctor wanted to doo my yearly pap . It came back and said it was slightly abnormal, and I was suppose to go back in Jan but not able to go. I didn t realize till just this month that I have been spotting but think nothing of it and now for the last three months I have had periods every two weeks. Now I don t know if I should be concered or what to think. How do I go about this cause now I don t have insurance I already know my doctor wants to do a pap and sono.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

I understand your case. Test of pap smear taken during pregnancy may give abnormal results due to pregnancy. Another reason for an abnormal test may be cervical erosion, or polyp producing abnormal bleeding. You also have irregular bleeding.
Hence it is better to get the pap repeated as well as an examination by a doctor to look for the cause of bleeding.
Do not worry, a minor abnormality usually regresses after minimum treatment. Even if it does progress, the progress is very slow hence 2-3 months do not make much difference.

Since you are off insurance, I suggest that you get an examination by a doctor as of now. Further testing may be decided upon according to the findings of the examination. You will most likely be prescribed some antibiotics and called after some days. Try to get insurance by then if possible.
Also it will help if I know the exact finding of the report to provide further clarification on the matter.
Please do not worry, minor abnormalities can wait for some time and are not an urgency.
Hope I was able to help you.

Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde     
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor