Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Am pregnant. Have tickle feeling in vagina. Worried of losing baby. Advice?

Hi I m 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow, I m quite an anxious person & havent stopped worrying since the day i found out I was expecting :( but my baby is moving a lot but thing is I feel it in my bum & vagina like I m going to have an accident , it s like a tickly feeling?bis this normal? it s very worrying for me as I think I have a weak pelvic floor for years I thought it was my bladder but since falling I ve realised this is not the case I m worried I m going to lose baby :( I probably am being silly but my husband gets upset when I say it to him ,,,,,, Kelly x x x
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  448
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

In some pregnant females in 2nd and 3rd trimester it is very common to have anxiety. They may develop fear, restlessness, fear of accident, sleeplessness, pounding heart etc. You have mentioned that you are an anxious person and you have anxiety since first day of conception. As in pregnancy usual anti anxiety drugs are not recommended because to risk to developing baby. So you have to try non pharmacological methods.
These include-
- Jacobson Progressive Muscle relaxation
- Deep Breathing exercises
- Yoga
- Meditation etc.
Also avoid tea/coffee or aerated drinks in excess amounts. Try to talk to your husband when ever you feel anxious. Try to divert your attention by reading some good books, doing some constructive light work at home.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Pregnancy can be a stressful time for many women and it is not uncommon to have such anxious thoughts or worries. It is also common to have strange sensations in the pelvic or genital area. However, if you are having any burning or painful sensation while passing urine, then you may be having a urinary tract infection, in which case, you need to see a doctor.

For your anxiety and unecessary worries, I would advise you to practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, meditation, etc. Keep talking to someone close to you about these feelings. You can also find out if there are any pregnant mothers support groups in your area where you can interact with other pregnant women and get support. If you feel that you have a weak pelvic floor, then you can ask your obstetritican about pelvic floor exercises, which you can practise regularly.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor