Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Am postmenopausal. Vaginal ultrasound shows ovarian lesion. Do I have to see doctor?

I am a postmenopausal 72 year old woman that just had an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound because I have a 7.1 cm hypodense lesion on my right ovary that I think turned out to be a cyst. I was sent by my internest because it was found on a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis . Do I have to see a gyn because of this or can I just leave it the way it is. When the radiologist was doing the Vaginal ultrasound and looking at my left ovary she asked me when my last period was. I said 15 years ago. I don t what she saw to ask that question. My main question is do I have to see a gyn for this? Thank you and I will be waiting for your reply.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
The size of the ovarian cyst is big for your age and warrants further investigation and examination.
Most of the cysts are non cancerous, but they have to be removed and confirmed by a microscopic examination. So it is better that you get yourself examined at the earliest and get it removed.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for using HCM.
Feel free to ask any further queries.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor