Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Am i suffering from anxiety ?

i took a blood test 3 months ago and everything came back fine. but i cant help but convince myself that i have heart problems. i do not have diabetes , and no heart problems in family history. but since i didnt get a chest xray i say to myself theres still a posibility of a heart attack . im 5 feet 3 inches. 190 pounds and 25 years old. i have this constantly in my head and it effects my workouts. i run a mile and convince myself that my heart rate is too high ( sometimes it hits 200), theni stop my workout. i want to push myself harder in the gym but my mind tells me that something bad may happen. i run a mile 4 times a week then i call it quits. since my blood test came back ok, and i got a regular check u,p is there a reason i should worry?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  174
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Yes, This may lead you to suffer from a sort of Anxiety Disoder. Hypochondriasis . Running and regular gym will be good for you as your BMI is 33.7. You are Obese and need to reduce weight between 130 to 140 pounds. Doing regular health checking is good practice and checking frequently in the doubt of having a illness is not good that my lead you to further anxiety. If your doubt/anxiety still persist you need medications like fluoxetine and paroxetine, even behavioral therapy.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Amar A Rathi's  Response
What u experincing is features of Hypochondriasis... where person is preoccupied about having certain organ disease...and unable to remove this from mind inspite of no evidence supporting this and all innvestigation report coming to normal and not explained by any physical illness...type of like anxiety disorder.
There is reason to worry that it affecting ur to come out of this u need to meet psychiatrist in person for deteailed psychiatric interview and then appropiate management will be done.
This happen due to some chemical changes in ur brain not visualised by routine imaging So pls visit to psychiatrist he will help u.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor