Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Am I hyperthryoidal ?

I am 29/Male. Underwent a through test last week and all serum related results were well in range except for TSH. The TSH was detected as 0.005 and T3 and T4 were in laboratory range. Just wondering if I am hyperthyroidal? I do have some symptoms of palpitation and strong heart beats at some time during the day. I haven't lost any weight in the past 1 year, but I have noticed that I have very frequent bowel movements for the past 2-3years and somewhat increased appetite. Also my fasting sugar was 93 and the lab higher range was 100. Though within range but towards the higher side, do I need to worry? Also I feel very anxious at times and suffer from motor tics for quite some time (10+ years) My cholesterol and lever, lipid reports are just fine. My weight is 67kgs and height is 174cm. Quite active as such.
Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi.. Your symptoms are similar to hyperthyroidism.  But since the reports are not suggestive, there are three ways to confirm.   You can repeat the test after 2 months and see how it goes. Or,  You can get the other thyroid function test free T3/freeT4/TPO test done. Or, Start off  with treatment for hyperthyroidism for a month and see if the symptoms and the TSH values improves... If you are still confused the best option would be to consult an endocrinologist....  

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

Recent questions on  Tsh

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. Manoranjan, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February of this year. I do have lab-work from 2009 showing a spiked level of TSH (my primary physician ignored it). In June, my TSH level finally reached a normal level of 1.6. It started at 86. However, my weight still fluctuates and I am gaining again. Is it possible that my TSH level has increased again? My endocrinologist also found two small nodules in June on my thyroid that are being looked at again soon. One was less than 1 cm in size all around (he isn t concerned) and the other is about 2 cm in size all around. I am 22 years old. Is it likely that these will shrink? Thank you, Kayla

doctor1 MD

Hi, my self Shazia from India I m 30 year old and recently diagnosed thyroid positive Dr. Suggest me Thyronome 50 mg after 3 month my TSH level digressed from 18 to 12.6 and again Dr increase dos 75 and this time my TSH is 9 and again my Dr suggest to take 100 mg with calcium supracal pro with Ranylen D.i started this the same but form last two days i was facing problem and my voice completely off suddenly while speaking & this is happen second time in 3 days...I need to worry is a side effect of increase dosage on thyronom or just a sissional issue.Please advice

doctor1 MD

tsh is 5.69 ya sir esr is 51mm/1st hour, tlc isn10.96,rb sugar is 106mg/dl,urine sugar nil .himoglobin is 10%am asking is there any problem with thyroid what amout i have now we r trying for baby now its first baby for us ,pls give me answer thank u so much

doctor1 MD

i have been gone through the medical healthch check-up.I need your input over the attached reports. Please answer the following of my concerns : 1. What could be the reason for TSH . 2. It is always hereditary or could be developed anytime in...

doctor1 MD

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.

doctor1 MD

i have been gone through the medical heatch check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.

doctor1 MD

Hi I am suffering from bloating ,biopsy says its abnormality in villi they are neither straight nor the duodenum surface is without them their shape is bending ,do not know what to do can you give me any suggestion ;anti-thyroglobulin ;484
anti thyroid peoxidose ;44
TSH; 0.01

Loading Online Doctors....