Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Alzheimer's, recently suffered a stroke, episode of unconsciousness. What care should be taken?

My mom has alzheimer , and had a minor stroke recently coz of a fall at home (3 mths ago) as she told me the left leg was strengthless, and had hospitalized for 2 weeks, no bone injury, but the brain. Since then, her mind & the body suffers a lot, and suffers more.. the doctor had prescribed the pill ( 5mg ) Aricept - Donepezil HCl is it helpful coz some doctors comment it s not effective & even worse. Another question, today I have to take care of her at home, she was fallen unconsciously this morning from her breakfast chair, I was trying to rush in and hold her head & neck but was too heavy, the head had a little knock on the floor, do you think her brain would be damaged again? Pls kindly adv. Many thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
See repeated fall will damage the brain esp. elderly , Why she had unconsciousness ,IT may be SEIZURE i think some antiepileptic should be added in her medication.complete workup like blood pressure monitering, carotid doppler ,2Dechocardiography,renal function,blood suger level should be done. tab donepezil is good drug and should be continued.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor