Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Always practiced safe sex with condoms, want to have HIV, STD tests. Tests required?

Hi Doctor, I am 30 year male Indian from the Netherlands. I was in a relationship with a dutch girl and we recently broke our relationship. We always used condoms during sex and newer I could see a break in condom during the intercourse. The reason for our breakup was that she had sex with other men also. Now I am coming back to India and my family wants me to get married. I would like to have HIV and other STD test before entering in relation with other women. My questions: Do I really need testing? If yes what type of test would you recommend? Am I really at risk of HIV? Please hekp me doctor. looking forward for you reply. Best Regards, Renjith
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Renjith,

Welcome to HCM,

As you always used condom, there is no need of testing yourself for STD's &/or HIV.

But, if you will get yourself tested for HIV, anxiety about possibility of HIV infection will be removed.

Test for HIV is available free of cost at all Government District level Hospitals.

As you don't have any signs & symptoms of STD's, test for HIV only will be sufficient.

You are not at risk.

With good wishes,
Answered: Sun, 17 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor