Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Always get unwanted thoughts, sleeping difficulty, low concentration levels, mood swings. How can I get over this?

Hi I am suffering for this unwanted thoughts , and my mind is spinng like any think , contionusly it thinks one or the other thinks , and i hadrly i catch sleep, i use to become restless, as a result i donot have concentration on studies nor work some time reading a passage is also getting difficlt for me , i am lossing my self confidence bcoz i feel that i am not productive at work nor studies . any my mood chages continously , frequently i use to get anger . Please help me what is this , do i require any treatmet all
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Many of the above symptoms that you report of- difficulty in sleep, distractability, poor concentration, irritability might be normal or features of an anxiety or mood disorder. Hence a thorough psychiatric evaluation is required which would involve recording of the frequency, severity and duration of symptoms and a current mental state examination. Following this, appropriate medication or psychotherapy can be initiated as appropriate.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms seem to be indicative of an anxiety disorder. Certain types of anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) or obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) can cause repeated unwanted and disturbing thoughts.

Since these thoughts seem to be causing you a lot of distress and affecting your normal functioning, you may require treatment. You do need to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you control these unanted thoughts.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor