Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Alternatives to prescribed Isomilk-lactose free milk for 15 year old

hi, My daughter is 15 months old. 6 months back doctor had prescribed ISOMIL - lactose free milk powder to her. Since then she is taking the feed. Now there is shortage of ISOMIL and it is not available. Beside ZEROLAC, what would be the best option, that will be easily available in city like Meerut of Uttar Pradesh. Kindly advise
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum.lactose intolarance is a condition occur to the infents due to failure of development of enzyme system. once baby grows up & enzyme system you need not omit milk.
you can give milk and milk products. if you find some difference of digestion you can use enzymes
and lactobasillus with the advise of a local doctor. Besides i advise to give the baby veining foods
like cerelac, farex etc. and rice and other semi solid like boiled potato apple etc. Dont worry she will be fine.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor