Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Allergy in digestive tract, lactose intolerance, intermittent spasms, loose stools, diarrhea. What is allergic bowel problem called?

An allergy specialist at a support group last night mentioned a name for the condition in which the digestive tract has an allergic reaction. My son doesn t tolerate dairy and we have removed it on a gross scale, but not on a microscopic scale and he has intermittent spasms, loose stools or diarrhea , etc. The family doctor referred us to a pediatric gastroenterologist to begin assessment. Will that specialist be able to distinguish between inflammatory bowel disorder and this allergy problem? What is the allergic bowel problem called?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
allergic bowel can only be found out by doing blood serum tests for specific antibodies for food proteins
if no results after diary removal it can be other proteins like wheat potato rice or chana or any other
you may get tests for all food proteins you use and elimination can help more than guessing
Answered: Sat, 5 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor