Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Allergic to Dust, Pollution, Cigarette Smoke, nose blocked, painful. What can be done?

Hi Doc, I am a 25 years old male who lives in Hyderabad, India. I m allergic to Dust, Pollution and Cigarette Smoke . My nose gets blocked when i m exposed to them. I have taken treatment in past which gave me a little relief. Now recently since 20 days, my nose is getting blocked. But i m not exposed to dust. My mother suggested that it might be because my body is getting heated from inside due to sudden climatic change in India (Winter to Summer) because i also got painful and half a centimeter wide pimples on my head and face. Is my Mother right? If yes, then what is the solution. And can taking Whey Protein Isolate heat my body up even more? I actually stopped working out and taking protein supplement since 30 days. Is it OK if i start it now?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you seem to have dust or pollen allergy, if your allergy is during a few months of the year that is may to august then its mostly pollen allergy if full year then it is mostly dust . there is nothing you can do about smoke other than physical protection by using face mask etc.
coming to treatment part of allergy it has to be done in step wise manner
first if your symptoms is for few months a year like 2-3 months then you start an antihistamine which you have to take daily at night. if your symptoms still persist then your start using steroid nasal spray, it has no side effect and it controls the allergy very well and you should start 2 weeks before your symptoms start. if this also does not cure you.
then get yourself tested for allergy, it is called skin prick test you will know what you are allergic to, then if possible you can avoid the allergen or you can start treatment called immunotherpy. this is currently the best treatment available and your symptoms will easily reduce by 80-90 percent kindly visit your ent specialist he will guide you further and immunologist he will do skin prick test and immunotherapy
now coming to your pimple part, you mostly have acne vulgaris but it could be something else also , its tough to tell without looking at the lesion. you will have to go to dermatologist for the acne , it can be cured with right medication.
there is nothing called increased body heat due to sudden change in temperature we become more susceptible to infection so we can fall sick.
regarding that whey protein supplement, you can take it if your taking the correct amount and also you can start you work out any time , just start it gradually.
thank you
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor