Alkaline Phosphatase results

What should i do if my Alkaline Phosphatase results is 85(U/L)
Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear
welcome to healthcaremagic
normal Alkaline phosphate range is 44 to 147 IU/L (international units per liter).
what about the other liver function test result?
Thanks

I have been really sick with fevers for one week..went on an antibiotic for a week and then it went away..out of the blue I got one day of fever a week later and then it has been gone ever since. My Alkoline phosphatase was 169...can this be from me being sick?

Hi, I just received my blood results back and I have an elevated alkaline phosphatase of 164. Is this something to be concern about. I have had my gallbladder and appendix removed years ago and am normally pretty healthy. Am 45 years old. Would you recommend further testing?

Hello. I am a 47 year old black female. I take Vitamin B complex which contains Biotin, Flonase nasal spray, calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, Inderal and synthroid. I had a total thyroidectomy 8years old ago and a hysterectomy last year. I am concerned because my alkaline phosphatase is 149. Should I be concerned about this result?

Recent questions on  Ursodiol

Hello Dr. Narasi, My 12 year old daughter suffers from Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and Ulcerative Colitis . She was diagnosed when she was 3. She also developed Portal Hypertension in 2007 which resulted in a splenetic renal shunt forming in the fall of 2007. The portal hypertension decreased at that time. This fall the portal hypertension returned dramatically. She has just been listed for transplant 2 weeks ago. The portal hypertension is now causing portal hypertensive gastropathy. Last Wednesday at 4 in the morning she started throwing up blood. We took her to the er. Her GI did a ct scan , blood work, and scoped her. That is when we discovered the gastropathy. She is currently suffering horribly from the gastropathy. she is on numerous medications including: protonix , sucrafate, lialda, prednisone , poly-iron, mephyton, ursodiol, aquadeks, and refampin. Currently, we are trying to treat the gastropathy with and extra dose of protonix, an extra dose of the sucrafate, and hydrocodone. This is not working. She is currently doubled over in pain crying her eyes out. She is nearly hysterical. I ve called the transplant team and her GI, but they have not called back. I need help in knowing what else I can do to help her not hurt. Could increasing her prednisone help to decrease the pressure, inflammation, and pain she is experiencing? I ask this because in the past 5 years I believe that she has suffered from this gastropathy many times though undiagnosed. And during those times, we were required to increase her prednisone. Each time the gastropathy pain left her within hours of her increased dose. When we did not increase the prednisone the pain persisted until we did increase the prednisone although it did take longer for the prednisone to relieve the pain, usually 5 days. Have you ever heard of prednisone helping gastritis/gastropathy? Or do you have any suggestions? And at what point do I need to take her to the hospital. Just so you know. We ve been dealing with this for 10 years now. I am not an over reactive parent, and Bethany is a very tough girl. She doesn t make a fuss even if she feels awful. So, when I say that she is suffering, I truly mean it. She is in horrible pain. Thank you for your help! Taylor K.

hi,im feeling hungry all the time eventhough ive ate a lot,with my lab test mt triglicerot effectiveides is high,cholesterol an sgpt,my doctor prescribed me a ursodeoxycholic acid,and omeprazole, but it seems meds are not effective for almost 2wks taking it?

I'll try to make it short. I am going to start when I believe my problems started. I started taking birth control pills last year, and after 6 months had excruciating abdominal pain lasting for hours. I tested positive for H Pylori, and an ultrasound showed gallstones. I took the antibiotics for two weeks to eradicate H Pylori (tested negative for it 6 weeks later) and I took Ursodiol to dissolve the gallstones (had an ultrasound 6 months later showed no gallstones). Anyway ever since I took the antibiotics and the first ultrasound showed gallstones, I have been bloated constantly and have acid reflux. It doesn't matter what I eat. I quit eating for two weeks just to see if I would feel better, and I didn't. I have been taking probiotics off and on for a few months and eating yogurt every day and haven't felt any better. Do you have any suggestions of what could possibly be wrong?

1/10 of my gall gladder are stones. There is no obvious symptom yet. There is only very slight improvement in ultra sound pictures. The stones are almost the same. What else can be done? Will any herb help? I take fruits with ursodiol to overcome...

I have been diagnosed with autoimmunate antibody negative cholangiopathy which I understand is a rare disease. I cannot find out much information. I think it is a problem affecting the bile ducts. I have been prescribed ursodeoxycholic acid. Is this similar to primary biliary sclerosis?

Can i take ursodiol together with flomax , vascepa or omega 3; or with supplement that contain phytosterols(sitosterol,beta stigmasterol ,campesterol)? Is it synergistic or worse?

Male 75 with Primary biliary cirrhosis stage 4. More compensated than de-comp. My inr is always perfect 2-3. Is that a good sign? I take Coumadin 5 mg. If the liver starts to fail, does the inr go up or down? My weight varies 7 lbs, up and then...