Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Alcoholic having episodes of talking about past and confused. Is it due to the liver damage? Recovery?

my brother is an alcaholic who has not had a drink for 4 months he has been really well for a while but has been readmitted to hospital again , he is really confused and seems to be going back in time, he is talking about things that happened years ago, is this a result of his liver damage and is this permanent or can he recover from this.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
hi james,
i feel your brother has liver problem but to make sure please consult the doctor for routine tests for liver damage like Ultra sound abdomen,liver function tests . if these tests are suggestive of chronic liver disesase, i am afraid it is not reversible.if your brother does not have jaundice,abdominal distension then he requires neurologist opinion.all this confusion can be avoided with above tests that advised.

hoping for the best outcome,bye
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor