Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Alcoholic. Does not watch diet. Worry?

Goodmorning i am divya from Meerut. my big brother(age 38 yrs) takes alchol contiue 4and 5 and someties more than 1 week and careless about eating.this is there routine he always do 1 time in a month.and after that sometimes he does not take any quantity of alchol till 2 months.what should i do?we are very worry about him...
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear divya
Welcome to HCM
We are here to help you.
Alcoholism is bad in any case and going without food after consuming alcohol is more bad.
You need to educate your brother with the help of a counselor of if need be with the help of a psychiatrist.
Rehabilitation therapy to stop withdrawal symptoms and to stop alcohol completely can help.
Yoga and meditation can help your brother to control the mental agony and relapse.
Family love, affection and care alongwith proper intervention has also done wonders.
Wish your brother speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor