Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Aggressive and habitual of autocracy child, gets violent. Suggestion?

My son is 12 years old- a student of class 7. I also have 2 daughters studying in class 9th and class 1st. From very childhood he is aggressive and habitual of autocracy. He sometimes becomes very violent with other family members , even parents. Sometimes he insists for things which are quite impossible for that he shouts and creates nuisance up to such a level that there is no way left except beating him. Kindly suggest how to deal with child.Give the answer for free
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mr. Srivastava,
Thanks for writing in.
Violent behaviour in children is a complex issue and it is possible, that apart from just growing up, your child has certain issues that need to be addressed. In some children, violence is an expression of their anxiety while for some it is a way of getting things done. Do not judge your child without trying to understand what is causing his symptoms.
Lend a patient ear and try and reason things out with him. Also, adolescents typically get angry when you treat them like children. So treat him like an adult and have a reasonable conversation with him. Talk to him about his issues in a non threatening way. Beating up the child will not serve any purpose and will only create more tension between you and your son.
If you are unable to speak with him, please see a psychiatrist so that this issue can be dealt with. Its important to get it treated right now as violent children can become violent adults as well. A lot of parents still need to learn that their dreams may not be their children's dreams and that their children have a life and a wish of their own. If you support him and hold him responsible for his action, it would be a better strategy. Remember to praise him whenever he does something good.
Also, keep him away from violent serials, videos and movies.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor