Owl Image

After the cesarean had a abdominal bulge. How will it reduce to normal and what are the precautions should take to mother and baby ?

hello, I had a baby boy on May 4th by CS I want to ask that what are the precautions i should take for me and my baby? how long will i take to recover and heal my abdominal stiches? how many days does the skin and internal cuttings reseal. After the operation i had a abdominal bulge . how will it reduce to normal? doctor suggested me to use abdominal binder. when will i use it? due to heat my baby had developed some prickles on his body. what should i do? plz guide me.
Mon, 16 May 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
do not lift weightfor 6 months
puerperal period is 6 wks .by that timeinternal organ that is uterus invoutes to previous size
abdomina stiches removed in 8 days time
avoid bendig heavy work
binder you use while doing works and while you are ambulatory
remove binder while in bed
start exercise after a check up in 6 wks time and get instruction from doctor regarding exercise
baby needs regular bath and can use baby powder
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello,

Limit stair climbing

Resume your normal activity and exercise very gradually over 6 weeks

Get plenty of rest

Focus on care for self and baby

give special attention to diet like lotof water

take more proteins, fruits, and vegetables,milk

take small bowl of bran daily will prevent constipation.
binders can be used during working or ambulation.all things will come to prepregnancy stage by end of 6 week.

prickles may be due to some allergic reaction.baby should be handeled with clean hands which will prevent such conditions. you can consult the peditrician for it.take care