Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Afraid to talk to people, increased heartbeat, shaking hands. Why does this happen?

please help i am always affraid to talk to people when i go to parties i get scared i always think what will happen if i will talk to them or what they will think about me for this my hearts beats fast my hands shake when i talk to them i cant even look at them eye to eye please help me i dont know why thi happens to me this 1 year i didnt went out didnt meet my friends when i meet them my hands shake hearts beats faster i think always what they will think about me i get scared for this please help me whats wrong with me thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic

you probably have "obsessive compulsive spectrum disorder"- social anxiety disorder/social phobia..........

Consult a psychiatrist for proper treatment as there are number of treatments available like pharmacotherapy, psychotherapies and relaxation therapies...........

Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

You appear tto be suffering from a Social Anxiety Disorder. There are good treatment strategies to help you overcome this problem. Treatment can be in the form of medication or psychotherapy and both are proven to be effective. I would suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further management.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
The description is highly suggestive of Depression (+/- anxiety)
You need to see an internist - after a general check up/ work up - he will refer to you a Psychiatrist.
The very fact, you have written to this site, suggests you have decided to get yourself treated and to get well.
With counselling and/or medicines, the chances for recovery and return to normalcy are very bright - You seem to have a bright future indeed!
Go to a doctor
Get well soon
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor