Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Affected with achalasia cardia, What can I do ?

Dear Sir, I can't take sufficiant food. After endoscopic result Doctor says that you are affected with achalasia cardia,and he prescribed Nifedipine Tabs 1 tab thrice a day.My age is 47,Male.What can i do doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  621
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello,the problem of Achalasia cardia is due to the muscles of the lower esophagus being strong and tight, and not being able to relax when the food goes down. A simple method is to stretch these muscles with a high pressure balloon. The procedure takes around 15 minutes, does not require surgery and can be often done as an out patient procedure.This helps around 70% of patients, who therefore may not require surgery. I hope I have answered your query. GC
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Acalasia cardia refers to tightening of the splincter at the junction of the oesophagus and the stomach.. It can be treated by conservatively by medications.. However if the symptoms persist, then invasive techniques which should include surgical treatement may be needed.. Consult a gastro surgeon who would be able to help you better...

Answered: Thu, 15 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor