Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Affected by polio since childhood, misplaced right hip bone, knee area warm to touch. Treatment?

i am 30 years old, from XXXXX am affected by polio since i was 11 months old... Bt now the position is my my back have scolisis, and pelvic bone has lift up from right side, my right leg hipbone is misplace, bt when ever i sleep in correct position keeping my hipbone in right place my knee area gets very hot and starts paining a lot....
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, you are trying to keep the hip bone in position, but it is causing pressure on the knee bones, and friction is caused and which tend to create heat. So it is advisible to sleep in the position which is comfertable to the knee joint.
I advise you to have shoes to suit your deformed leg so that you can minimise the friction on the joints. Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor