Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Advised to wait for conception, had rubella IGM during earlier pregnancy. Advise?

hi, i was pregnant last year 2011 dec when Rubella IgM came postive 2.9 in my blood ... consistently till may 2012 it was aug2012 its showing 1.76...i want to conceive now but my doctors are saying to wait more for 6moths at least.. i am not comfortable to wait for such a long time again...should i consult some other doctor too ...what is your opinion for this ..thank you so much..
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM I am Dr Das
First of all, you must know what is the problem with rubella Ig M. It indicates an acute infection with rubella. Increased level indicates remission. When the disease will be completely cured, then the level should minimum.
If there is an acute rubella infection present pregnancy, there is increasedchance congenital anomaly. So, in my opinion former 6 month, for complete remission. Then try for child.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor