Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Advised surgery for triple arthrodesis from dislocation of foot. How long might be handicapped after surgery?

Hi, I am told i need surgery for Triple arthrodesis, from a dislocation in the foot , how long might I be handicapped for? Basically I pulled my heel out, I heard subtalar and calaneal in the descriptions of the messed up area. Please I am almost a year into this injury and I m stressing over how much pain I still have and how surgery will help or hurt me.
Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
this surgery is imperative to you, especially as far as recovering a normal and functional integrity of your foot. Considering the fact it is done a year later, recovery time might be a bit longer. However, rarely exceeds a few months.
Its the best option for you and outcome if well done by an experienced surgeon is usually very good.
Thanks as I hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor