Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Advised root canal treatment but 2 months later. Having teeth irritation, sensitivity, pain. Possible to wait?

my dentist has suggested RCT for my teeth . However, she has no appointments for next 2 months and hence suggested APO- CLINDAMYCIN for 8 days, 2 each day. My teeth has constant irritation and I feel lot of pain after drinking something cold . The pain in not severe but irritating, Can I go ahead without RCT for 1 -2 months ?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I would like to suggest you that its better to get your RCT started as soon as possible before it progress to abscess formation.Later you will experience severe pain & inflammation in that area along with fever.Its better to get an appointment earlier.
You may take Tab Amclaid twice a day along with Tab Zerodol-P thrice a day. Along with that take antacid & multivitamin therapy.

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Srikanth's  Response
You can wait for RCT for 2 months as long as you can tolerate the pain and discomfort. However, there are some signs of progression of infection in case of dental caries which you will have to be aware of. These signs are: Sever pain, swelling, lymph node enlargement (pain and discomfort in the neck, you can feel some lumps in the neck), and fever. If you have any of these symptoms, you have to consult your dentist again and start the RCT at the earliest.
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Latif's  Response
this depends upon the severity of the pain and irritation. you can keep it to late for one month if you follow few precautions , try to avoid extreme cold and extreme hot, do not chew on that particular side, and use sensodyne-f tooth paste for the sensitivity relief. also for the time being you can use an anti sensitivity mouth wash . regards.
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor