Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Advised Renalog to drain the kidney stone. Have chronic Cholecystitis. Any alternative ?

Hi Doc, my name is John and because i have a kidney stone with the size of 6x 9x10 mm after the CT Scan taken, and my doctor an internal medicine specialist gave RENALOG medicine to drain the stone, my question is whether the medicine is good for me or else...also i have Chronic Cholecystitis with Cholelithiasis inside, the doctor suggested to take out the bile (I don t know if that is the right name for it) Is there any other alternative or option to do it....thank you very much Doctor. My email address is YYYY@YYYY . Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have a stone in your kidney of 6x9x10 mm size.You have not mentioned whether it is a silent stone or you are getting pain in your loin. Normally any kidney stone which is not obstructing the flow of urine in PC system is termed as asilent stone.If it obstructing and and giving rise to back pressure changes then it has to be treated by appropriate method which depends upon size,location and degree of obstruction it on Pelvi Calyceal system of kidney.There is no medicine that can dissolve the stone or enhance the passage of the stone.So please consult Urologist who will decide the mode of the treatment..
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor