Advise treatment for an abscess on the chin

I had an abcess the day before yesterday on my Chin,It is Hard Red large area & Painfull too. I consulted a Dr. & he prescribed Zithromax 250 mg & Garramycin Cream Locally. I want to know what will happen to me ? how to speed my Recovery & will it leave a Scar?? Thanks a MILLION in advance Dear Doctor :)
Mon, 6 Sep 2021

As you have started the treatment so I suggest to continue the prescribed medicines as the abscess take around 7 to 10 days to resolve with antibiotics, if even after 5 day course of antibiotics there are no signs of resolution like decrease in size of swelling or pain the we need to change the antibiotics. About scarring, I can make sure that if the abscess resolves without transforming into an ulcer then chances of scarring are minimal to none.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Pawan Gupta, Dermatologist