Advise medicine to cure burning mouth syndrome

In December I was diagnosed with a severe case of Thrush affecting my throat, mouth and tongue. I was prescribed Nyostatin oral suspension. I followed up with my family doctor after completing the medication and was given the all clear. The symptons of burning tongue and frothing mouth didn t leave and I was told by the doctor that I had Burning mouth syndrome , something that could last for weeks or months. Its 4 months later and I still have the same symptoms.... burning mouth and tongue, no white spots or signs of thrush exist. Any words of advice?
Mon, 18 Mar 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi.

As per your complain Burning tongue/mouth syndrome is a condition in which there is burning
sensation inside mouth and can also be associated with a scalded feeling and can also experience
numbing sensation..
It can occur due to a number of causes like nutritional deficiency of iron and vitamin B12, dry
mouth or xerostomia, stress, acid reflux, side effects of medicines etc..
I would suggest you to consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated and a thorough clinical
examination and investigations like blood tests can be advised..
Treatment of underlying cause will resolve the symptoms..
As of now to get relieved you can start gargling with a numbing mouthwash containing Lignocaine..
Take anti inflammatory painkiller like Ibuprofen..
Avoid spicy foods and take a soft bland diet..
Suck ice pops..

Hope I have answered your query.
Please let me know if you can assist you further.

Regards.
Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist.