Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Adenomyosis in posterior wall. Some part of uterus affected. Need to ask a doctor to conceive with or without treatment?

I was diagnosed with adenomyosis in the posterior wall. Junctional Zone thickness 2.3 cm. Area affected is estimated to be about 30% of the uterus . One small cystic area associated with the adenomyosis measuring 10mm. Is this considered diffuse or local adenomyosis? Will it affect my ability to conceive? Should I try lupron ass first treatment or go straight to trying to conceive with fertility meds (clomid/follistim)?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
Adenomyosis does not have effective treatment.
Only definitive treatment is hysterectomy.
So i recommend you to complete your family as early as possible before adenomyosis gets worse.
Cyst of 10mm suggests focal adenomyosis.
Adenomyosis will not affect your chances of conception but it may cause repeated abortions.

Hope this helps.
Dr Farha
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor