Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Adenomyosis. Adviced hysteroscopy and cervical biopsy. Paranoid of Surgeries. Help

Hi...I have been diagnosed with bulky uterus ..adenomyosis..uterus measures 120 mm x 68mm x 57 mm. I had been on Zoladex Injection (took in 2009) which kept my uterus size under control. But last yr it showed it started to grow again and was 100 MM last yr. I am gng in for Diagnostic hysteroscopy and Endometrial & Cervical biposy in 3 weeks....I am completely paranoid of surgeries and have been suggested this test by my doc....then she plans to instert Mirena to keep the uterus from growing further. Kindly help and advise on this
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Adenomyosis can be treated medically.
As you have already taken zoladex, and still the disease is progressing, it is likely that you might ultimately require surgery.
IF the hysteroscopy and biopsies are normal, it is alright to try Mirena insertion.
If that too fails to control symptoms, then surgery is a necessity.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor