Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Adenoids of 4 years son

helllo doctor my son is 4 years old.he is suffering from adenoids.when he gets cold then only he feels uneasy to take breath .if no cold is there breathing will be normal only. when he is 2 years that time we found he is having adenoids that time he did not sleep for whole night.but now he is sleeping well if he gets cold also but little bit uneasy in taking breathing.what we have to do now please answer us.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Jul 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  448
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Prathibha,
Welcome to HCM.
Your son needs consultation with an ENT surgeon. If the adenoids are not obstructing the air passage of the tube leading from back of throa to the middle ear (Eustachian Tube) anf if it is not infected, then it can be left alone. It will gradually decrease in size.
If it is infected or causing obstruction, then surgical removal has to be considered.
Wishing you son all the best.
Answered: Mon, 17 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Adenoid hypertrophy is a common ailment seen in children. Adenoids usually reach there maximum size by the age of 5 years and then gradually atrophy by age of 7 years in most cases. They tend to swell up in case of infections. As your child is able to sleep it shows that the adenoid size is moderate and not severly large. You must consult your doctor to get him evaluated. If need arises you can get his adenoids removed. Wish your son good health.
Answered: Sun, 16 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
It seems that his problem is mild. Kindly get an X-Ray Skull lateral view for adenoids done. You may upload the X-Ray image onto any free file sharing site by scanning it or going in for a digital X-Ray. Meanwhile he may require some medication as the adenoids are usually enlarged in all children between the ages of 3 and 7. They usually regress after 7-8 years of age.
Answered: Sat, 24 Jul 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor