Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Addicted to taking xanax, methadone, meth, herion, weed, alcohol. How to overcome this ?

im very concerned with my sons fathers drug use he is taking xanax , methadone , meth, herion, weed, alcohol basically anything he can get his hands on and if it can be injected he does. this has been going on for 3 years now and he has become a horrible, mean person. his personality has changed drastically. how can i help him or be able to deal with him
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  287
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It seems like the range of substances that your son's father is addicted to is very large. I believe that he needs to see a physician who is specialized in substance abuse as soon as he can. I would also believe that his personality may change after he starts treatment. I wish you the very best in trying to find him help and in his recovery.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor