Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Addicted to spasmoproxyvon, wants quit. HCV positive. Can I conceive at this stage ?

my husband is addicted to spasmoproxyvon since last six years . he 30 years of age now. he wants quit but i think he is finding it difficult to quit and some times he is in bad moods and aggressive.feels vomitting like so many times . he is HCV positive i do not know whether it is active or dormant . some times he suffers from constipation also. how can i suupport him? can i conceive at this stage ? will my baby be secure and healthy?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Spasmoproxyvon contain a opioid drug which leads to addiction on it. Stoppage of use lead to severe withdrawal like body-ache, anxiety and lack of sleep. Due to that it is difficult to stop its use without professional help in most of the cases. Apart from that patient motivation is must to leave use of any substance. For help in de addiction, you can visit nearby psychiatrist.

For hepatitis C, he may require blood test to detect status (Acute/Chronic) of illness. Concurrently it is better to get him tested for HIV and Hepatitis B infection. After examination and investigation you can take decision regarding pregnancy.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor