Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Addicted to spasmoproxyvon, chain smoker. How can one get rid of this?

Hello doctor my husband is addicted to spasmoproxyvon tablets since10 years came to know he uses neurotic 400mg n that i believe he s using it to withdraw his other drugs n also he s a chain smoker hes cted34yrs old n he never admits that he s addicted to those drugseven if i find the tablets i want him to b free from all those pills can u plz help me
Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand your concern regarding your husband's addictions. He seems to be addicted to multiple substances, all of which can have adverse consequences - physical and mental.

There is a lot of help available in various forms for such problems. But, for any deaddiction treatment, the motivation of the person is very important for success. I would advise you to take him for a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor